Wednesday, July 29, 2009

{Thursday Thought}


Beautiful solace in the midst of what could hold tragedy if not handled 
in strength, gently with peace, faith and hope.
Kind of like life in every way!

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

-Eleanor Roosevelt


This is a beautiful image to me, but also made me think.
In my life I am trying to learn to rest my soul, but have to realize in that, that there seems to be this meerkat (Is that what that thing is on her head? I have no clue...ha!)on my head as in the image laying in wait as it rests gently and if I make a wrong move could go wild on me, oh my, I don't want that! 
I think what if this girl flinched....would any of these animals go crazy/nuts on her? That might mess up the peace I see in her! Eeeeeeeek!
 Yet, she has this look of peace and strength no matter what. I love that and hope that holds true with me and for you as well. I think this is true of fear and worry for all of us. We can choose to trust in our creator to do what is best in our lives and cast out all worry and fear while holding true to faith. We can spend the time listening, learning, growing and laughing oh so much as it is so very good for the soul. Being at peace and stable in a fierce storm is where character and compassion is born and grows from! I am just sayin people!

Praying over each of your days hope, wonder, God, peace and so many smiles that it overflows and touches everyone you come in contact with. Praying you that kind of day my friends.

Mwah!

Images via: Ashes and Snow

10 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

I am trying to remain calm with the meerkat thing on my head. Each day is different...some I run screaming "get this thing off me" and others I am calm like the girl in the picture.

You know I needed that...great post. Missed you this week. Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

that picture gives me the heebie jeebies! BUT LOVE the analogy!

Kasey said...

I know i can always stop here and get my "feel good" going.
love you.
xo

Donna said...

Kristin, I like your take on things. I know I struggle with remaining calm in life's storm. Thank God He is there to carry me through. Hope your weekend is filled with calm! Missed ya this week too!
Blessings!

Monamie said...

What beautiful images and words of wisdom!

LuLu said...

I love the images and your words... mwah right back at ya and wishing you peace and strength!
LuLu

Kimberly said...

Just came upon your blog . . . how refreshing! The pictures speak deeply to my heart. Many times I have been there and He has seen me through. What a joy, what a gift . . .

Dita said...

Wow.......these photos are just amazing!

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit. I have been without my trusty computer and when I am at work I can only view (can't comment) my favorite blogs. I have been here all along, my friend...reading your beautiful words!

Unknown said...

I want a meerkat! Can I train him to sit on my head too?

charmaine said...

hi Kristin! this is just a beautiful post! i love the photography. your words are so inspiring. thank you for sharing. i'm keeping you in my prayers. i pray that all is well with you. thank you for your kind comments. your so sweet! have a blesses weekend!

God Bless,
Charmaine