Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A little Peachtree Road Race fun!


"i guess if you don't jump, 
you'll never know if you can fly."

 - miranda lambert

Where are my hair & makeup people? Ha ha ha!

No, no, that was not me up front running like an agile-cat 
with Sammy Kitwara from Kenya that ran the race in 28 minutes, 5 seconds,
which is something faster than a gazelle, or the speed of light I am certain.
I must say it is pretty amazing and beautiful to watch the group
of people in the front run in person.

Anyhoo...

 My number was somehow "misplaced" in my great city mail system.
After much coordination I got a new number sent to me.
But it was my original number that finally showed up.
They had me logged in the system finally. Yay me...
Or, so I thought....they still have me in there with the new number which means I ran it in 
"0-minutes/0 seconds"....so, even though I was a little back in the sections,
and not with a seated number this year, I won!  Yay! Not so much.
There is NO truth in my winning, and I am not even kidding you.


However, a guy friend of mine that I had not seen in a very long time,
came out of nowhere and clipped me with a huge "I am so gonna beat you" smile 
coming into the finish-line final stretch!
Yes, he is very athletic and a great runner, and a man, but
he started it so........
what was a girl like me to do, except totally leave him in the dust? : )
It was seriously great to laugh hard in the final part though
with my friend from long ago that is as competitive as I might well be.

After many emails, talks and giggles with a kind lady from the Atlanta Track Club,
here is possibly one of the only images they have of me running the race. 
It looks like the paparazzi once again caught an image of me sans makeup!
I have to giggle!


One would wonder if the guy behind me in this image has his hand up because he is flagging down an ambulance, or a taxi..., whatever it takes to get to the finish line is all I am saying!

Next year I plan on running with the Kenyan team (Insert giggle here, but speaking it no-less!).
If a girl wants to run like a gazelle, well then, a girl must have her goals!

Have a beautiful week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you were doing this! At least I don't remember anyways.... Congratulations. Good job.

Erica said...

Congrats on a job well done!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

paige said...

yay you!!!
i didn't know you had a number, or two! i'm sure you loved it...i miss running it this year.
hope your weekend was great