Monday, April 23, 2007

Great Verse Great Thought

Learning to love God and lean into Him. To really feel his presense beyond the fact of tangible.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the
mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
-- Psalm 46:1-2

THOUGHT:
God is not only our protector, he is also our helper. Even when
our world seems to be crashing around us, he is there. He will
deliver us from death or deliver us through death. He will deliver
us from evil or he will deliver us to overcome evil. Our task is to
trust that in the midst of our earthquakes and tidal waves we are
not alone or abandoned.

PRAYER:
Holy God, I pray for those today who are in the middle of life's
earthquakes. You know those for whom I am concerned. You know I
care about their struggles which are too big for me to mitigate and
too painful for me to truly bring comfort. I ask you now to bless
them, be with them, and please deliver them quickly. You are our
only true hope and Jesus is our only sure redeemer. In the name of
the Lord Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

No comments: