Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Woo Wee!


Wendy (pronounced: wooooo weeeee): defined: sister, friend, fire fighter and sunshine in a human. She is like a warm Krispy Kreme donut without the calories. I went to dinner with my family last night for my sister Wendy's birthday. Funny, with my family together, I took these moments to really look at each sweet face at the table and thought about how I value each of them. Then I looked at Wendy. She has always been and will always be my true deep in my heart friend in the world. Like God just knew we needed one another. Okay, in truth God knew that the world needed her and I just landed the lottery by getting her as my sister. I am a captive laughter audience in her company and she knows it! We laughed like we did when we were young without feeling the hardness that life has brought each of us and well, we just get one another. She is the most giving and gracious and absolutely hilarious person in the world besides my Mom. At any rate, I figured out last night why I like to laugh with friends and family. It is because it reminds me of her. As happy tears fill my eyes, I don't know how to put it into words, but her light shines incredibly bright and it is just who she is without effort. I know I talk about God a lot, but to be in her company would be the closest thing I could think of to sharing time with God. She is funny, gracious, thoughtful and such a big heart. So, Wendy if you read this, I hope your birthday year is just full of amazing! I hope all your dreams and wishes come true. I pray over you true joy and amazing health for a very, very, very long and happy life! Love you, L.B. (Kiki)

No comments: