Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Prayer Needed


Friends of mine and Anthony's have a little boy that needs some prayers to heaven. His name is Evan. Here is the email from his Dad (Phil) below. I wish I had a picture to share because you would find this to be one of the most beautiful children that you have ever seen! If you could offer any prayers his way, well, that would be more than I could ever ask for!

Phil wrote: I always feel funny when I ask people that I barely know to pray but would appreciate prayers for the following. Today in school Evan had three of the worst seizures he's had all school year. At 8:30, 9:15 and 1:15 he suffered what Lisa and I call category 4 seizures where he stiffened and would have fallen if his teachers weren't holding his hand. One of the three times he fell off his chair onto the carpeted floor. We're calling these category 4 seizures because we normally rank them 1 to 3 with 3 being the most severe. Evan seems to recover pretty quickly from the seizures but afterward he always seems to be scattered in his thoughts / actions. Needless to say Lisa and I are worried that he may fall into a pattern of increasingly worse and more intense seizures. This would be much like what he experienced three years ago when the doctors told us that Evan would slowly digress into profound retardation with every incident.

I also ask that someone not only pray for Evan and his worrisome parents but pray for Emily that what our family is experiencing doesn't negatively impact her but that somehow she grows from this and grows up to be a well adjusted young lover and follower of Christ.

Thanks for your ears to hear us, your eyes to look to Heaven and your hands to fervently pray for us.

God bless you all,

Phil

1 comment:

paige said...

what a precious family with a heart for the lord. i pray the lord just cover him & protect him from any brain damage.
thanks for sharing....glorious photo too my friend