Monday, July 9, 2007

Just a Good Monday or Any Day Prayer

THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
Just good for Monday or any day, moment or second in a day. I really wish I had all that good of Galatians 5:22-23 verse in me without the bad. You know as if people would say that is true of me and my life, that I lead my life in this manner. Well, I hope that parts of it truly are of my character. This side of heaven though and well, I just want to always keep it real and truthful. So, today I will just speak the fruit of the spirit well, all over me and in me, and allow God to make this true in me. Create in me a right spirit God and make me filled with incredible smiles of warmth to all I am near and a woman of character worthy of your time. Thank you God for just an amazing personal, just real relationship with you God that you even know every hair on my head and accept me beyond well, me. For that I am eternally grateful. As Peyton Grace would say "And all God's children said.....AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN"! Okay, Peyton Grace used to say, mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaamen. Thinking back, once we were praying and she said Amen and changed it to Awoman. Fully little sprite she is!

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I get this devotional from heartlight.com. Today well, it was true to what I needed. I hope it speaks to you as well.

Dear Father, grower of spiritual fruit,
Let the fruit of the Spirit blossom, mature, and ripen in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these. Let me
possess them!

Since I belong to Christ, I have crucified the flesh with its
passions and desires. Let me live by the Spirit. Let me walk by the
Spirit!

Let me show no self-conceit, give no provocation, have no envy
toward anyone else. Let me live in, through, and for Christ Jesus,
as he lives in, through, and for me and his whole church.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to perfect us, whatever that may
take, and give us the grace to endure your renovation process.
Amen.

No comments: