Monday, December 3, 2007

I love this quote!

After 3 weeks of working my families Corporate Holiday Decorating Business for install of Christmas beauty, this quote holds so true!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

People that know nothing of this corporate decorating business say "Oh that sounds like fun"...HA. The honestly is, beyond tired and valiant effort there is much fun in defeating the impossible in putting up 30ft, 20ft, 14ft, 7.5 foot trees (60 some odd trees. I have to go back and count), countless boughs and wreaths, hauling items 3 times ones body weight and outside lighting of what feels like strings of lights that could wrap the earths surface twice. We are often doing what many would say is cirque de soliel acts on many ladders, lifts and scaffolding (no I am not kidding...it is almost beautiful to watch). It is nothing short of achieving nearly the impossible on NO sleep safely and God gets and deserves the glory. Up at the crack of dawn hitting the ground running. and working many nights past 2:00 a.m, three weeks straight for install. I found that I could work freelance projects in between 2:30 and 3 a.m. Beyond the tired, scratches and bruises, and new muscles found, I am so very proud of my Mom and sister, Gretchen (They are nothing short of amazing to me in grace, effort, joy, tenacity, attitude...just in every way without complaint...ever!). God hand picked every other person that worked with us this year...what a true blessing. I am thankful to each of them for working so very hard and making the world more beautiful through December 25th. I am proud of Angie my friend for working tenaciously in spite of the fact that this effort happened around Thanksgiving and her little girl had just gone to heaven only 2 months ago. She works just like my sisters (cold mountain style...See the movie "Cold Mountain" with Nicole Kidman and Renee Z. and you will understand...smile) and has become a quick new family member and we just adore her. She is about God's grace in the midst and that one can still find joy through incredible hardship. I just have to believe amongst these three women (Mom, Gretchen and Angie) that God is looking down on them and is pleased.

I witnessed the fact that we conducted ourselves in professionalism and kept God in the center. After 14 years of this company, I see maturity and God sitting in the center of the relationships. Relationships are what matters as a whole anyway. Lastly, I am thankful for my friends who prayed over us daily. The answer to those prayers were definately felt and we kept healthy and safe which is a blessing. I am going to take pictures this week of all of our impossibles that we encountered and won over into possibility with delight and share with you next Monday.

1 comment:

paige said...

welcome back!
i missed your daily dose of beautiful thoughts.
can't wait to see some pictures of your creations
xo