Thursday, December 20, 2007

I pray you a Happy Christmas Ever After!


The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure 
one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel 
them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper. 
-- Aristotle

So, people in hard situations over the holidays always hit my heart the week before Christmas. I don't ever want people to feel sad or loss, but life does not allow for perfect. If life were perfect like a holiday picture book, we would have no reason to lean into Christ. What gets me thinking of this? Well, today (December 20) is the birthday of two of my very dearest of friends growing up (Jami and Lori).  The bittersweet in this is that Jami's son Levi died six years ago on Jami's birthday (seems like just yesterday I was sitting next to him and talking with the little guy), no less five days prior to Christmas as well. So the week before always brings to mind people that might be needing a smile, a true giggle and hope around the holidays. I have watched four of my closest friends (Angie, Jami, Lori and Paige) in life loose people they love. I often wonder why God has placed me there, but hope that I have learned through it how to find hope and be a true friend. I need to state that I have learned more from each of these amazing women than I have ever given to them! I don't want anyone to feel any kind of pain...ever! So, I want to encourage those that if you are going through the holidays facing a hard situation or just holiday blues, that you can find a twinkle in your heart still.  I want to tell you that you can stand against sadness with valor and hope. God has placed that strength within you and He will meet you in that place. Know that I pray for you. Know that I wish you to feel the twinkle of God with a tangible touch and well, a big warm hug from God. I pray that you know, that you know, that you know, that God knows every hair on your head and will see you through whatever. So grab hold of his hand, face the wind, (Be careful with the hairspray-wind mixture though because that can make your hair a mess...smile!), and walk with him or just curl up in his lap for a while. In that place and on that path you will truly find strength.  I know this to be true, because that is the place I find my strength and find delight when he catches my tears and turns them into true glimmers of His kind of great. I pray you giggles and warmth and most of all joy and hope and a very Happy Christmas Ever After! And all God's children said....AMEN!

May you give hugs and happiness freely (The very best gifts of all.).
and receive them abundantly as well.

Image via Dreamhouse Cammy. A beautiful blog by the way, all in what I think is German.

4 comments:

paige said...

such a beautiful entry
merry christmas sweet friend

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

3 Peanuts said...

These friends are so lucky to have you. Thank you for the reminder of what is truly important in life. I will give my peanuts an extra hug today:)

Merry Christmas.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.