Friday, March 6, 2009

Laughter

Please forgive if I am rambling but it is 2:40 a.m. and I cannot sleep. So, create a blog is usually what I do when I cannot sleep and I am done reading the news, my bible or a book. I figure this is better than looking up my stocks currently! So here goes.

I grew up a very serious child and was goal driven from day one. I did not realize the love of laughter until I grew up a bit and wisely found my smile, never forced and easily find funny even in the midst of stress. Throughout life I find that I love being in the company of people that shine laughter. My family is this way and my best friend to closest of friends all have this keen sense of humor and not a conversation goes by no matter the topic at hand that does not in some way contain laughter. I love that! Certainly, my sense of seriousness is still within and my drive is bigger than me, always has been. However, now I don't go a day now without laughter as it just something really cool that God changed within me and thankfully my sweetest of people in my life have rubbed off on me. So, thank you! Laughter truly makes one appreciate more and be lighter ones feet to face life. I pray that for you too!

This below is by, Joel O.. I find it to be worth thinking about and thought I would share.

Laughter:

One of the greatest stress relievers God has given us is laughter. It not only makes us feel better, but it actually releases healing throughout our system. When we laugh, it restores and rejuvenates what the pressures of life have taken out.

Proverbs 17:22 puts it like this, "A happy heart is like a good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." Notice, when we're good-natured and full of joy, taking time to laugh and play, it's like taking a good medicine. That's what helps us to stay healthy. People that laugh regularly are 40% less likely to have a heart attack than people that don't laugh regularly. Laughter triggers the right side of the brain, which helps release creativity and helps us to make better decisions.

There is too much sickness in our world today. Much of it is related to sadness. It's directly related to the fact that we don't smile enough. We live uptight and stressed out.

But even during trials and hard times, God says to us, "I've got a solution. In difficulties, cheer up. In famine, laugh. Keep your joy." You can laugh your way to victory, to better health and to more energy.

God knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is you and I win. God always causes us to triumph. We should have a spring in our step, a smile on our face, joy in our hearts and unshakeable faith. God's plan for our lives is for good and He has the answer to our every question. Knowing this, we can laugh at the days ahead!


Have a great weekend full of smiles!


Beautiful Red Shoes Image via: petrina tinslay

7 comments:

paige said...

so sweet
glad you found your smile
dear friend, glad you found your smile

Anonymous said...

My sister and I love to laugh. I love to be around her because we can make such fools of ourselves out in public. We'll both do anything for a laugh although I think Stef is much funnier than I am! :) She's willing to go the extra mile in making a fool of herself.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I love to laugh. I love to be around her because we can make such fools of ourselves out in public. We'll both do anything for a laugh although I think Stef is much funnier than I am! :) She's willing to go the extra mile in making a fool of herself.

Helene said...

I found your blog a couple of days ago and it's been pure delight reading you.
I was breaking out songs faster than a jukebox today and realized it was because I was finally spending time with my parents after a year apart. My soul was happy and calm. Smiling and laughing are too things we forget to do often as we grow up.
That picture is stunning!

Dita said...

I have to second Tartelette's comment, above. I also "found" your blog the other day and I love it over here at your place!

You are such a beautiful girl, inside and out...and your smile and laughter shines through in your writings.

I'm 42 and I have vowed never to lose my laughter or smile...no matter what...its my "secret" weapon!

Thank you so much for all your insightful and beautiful posts.

By the way, I also have a VERY special relationship with my niece and I remember so well when she was so little to soak her feet and hang with her aunt all weekend...she turns 17 tomorrow and she gets her drivers' license....and a car! I can't believe how fast time has flown.

3 Peanuts said...

Wonderful reminder that we all need to make room in our lives for more laughter:) I like you was a very serious child. Truth be told, I am still kinda serious. I need to laugh a bit more too.

Kim

Anonymous said...

So True!!!