Tuesday, April 27, 2010

{shine a light]

This is from Wendy's birthday recently.

Oh my, I pray my sisters and niece are ok with me posting this image.
Oh, Please say yes, Wendy, Gretchen and PG.
Yes, there is one more sister, Kelly. There is a force of us in a way...oh my!

Any hoo...
I looooovvvvveeeee my family!

Please forgive for my being long winded as I had much
to say but the end of this has to do with you.

My family.
We are known as "Cold Mountain Girls" to each other.
When life gets hard we just will look
at the other and sometimes say..."Cold Mountain Baby!".
That means dust off and buck up...you can do this life and beautifully at that!

Well that and the sweet grace of God, ya know!

We might say it to you as well, so know this!
We will smile with you too and know we will say it gently and walk it out with you.

We girls are not quitters and let one another know
one just can accomplish great things or deal
with hard graciously and bravely...to the end!
Meaning we are girly girls but tenacious and don't give up!
And my sisters will have you laughing hard. They are just funny, period!

Need to note: Wendy was called to a new duty in her occupation.
"The Squad" as a Fire Fighter.
A rare and unique opportunity that she was chosen for
amongst and elite group of people in her field likened to The Delta Force.
She started this new adventure on her Birthday.
I admire her so very much and am so excited for her in this opportunity.
Woo, be safe please!
To her, I/we just might have already given the "Cold Mountain" talk too!
I am not saying she even needed it but
for our sake I am just sayin we might have...smile!
I mean, she has given me the "Cold Mountain Baby" talk before so all is fair,....right?!
She is going to shine and shine bright as she is this light of sorts.
To know her....there are not words
but you know it when you are with her that
to experience her is as if sunshine has hit your soul amazingly.


Hope you do get a bit of that kind of shine Wendy gives on you.

This below is my prayer for you today.

"The LORD bless you

and keep you;

the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26


Work is consuming my every moment these days.

I am so fortunate to say that I know and it is a honor I do not take it for granted.

I am blessed to have work, and am working hard to get

out of debt and get my house paid for and oh yes...

that cute shirt at J Crew! Oh my...but bills first!


In this, please forgive me for my lack of being present.

My lack of commenting on all things that matter dearly to

me that you post on your blogs.

Someone said the other day to know your reader.

I giggled as I thought, I don't even know me!

But know I desire to encourage.

To bring light and hope.

I am not here to naval gaze or be narcissistic in gaining your pity for my trials

or be a victim to my circumstances. I just will not.

If I can't use my hardship for good and get the focus off of me then it is of little worth, ya know!

Please know in the mean time

I care much, and promise to make a better effort at touching your lives

and leaving comments as I wisk through and read and say "that is precious",

or "wow that matters", or "I know I don't know you but am proud of you".

I want you to know that I am fortunate to know you all as well in this world

and have grown to be a better person from your allowing me to see into your

lives, your families, your worlds.


I promise to handle that as a gift.


Please know I am wishing your days amazing and beautiful.


Perfect really in every way.


Sending you amazing and full soul shine today!


mwah


Back to work for me!

14 comments:

Sweet Grace Farms said...

So precious, and I say I agree. Wendy has been a light to all our lives. Although I have a bit of trepidation of her being on the "squad" because they are the ultimate risk takers, kind of like the delta force, I know that no one is more equiped by God to do the job. She is most amazing to me, as are all my "cold mountain" girls.

Angie said...

You are such an amazing woman.

paige said...

so good to be able to stay caught up with you...much better than this time last year, wink!
fun shot of you & sissies
xo

paperbird said...

Beautiful post and oh my - you are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh such wise words, and i am so happy you have your sisters to help and keep you! bless you sweet girl!

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a blessing to have sisters! I bet you are a good one.

Even though I don't hear from you often, I always feel close to you. Does that make sense? So don't worry about being "absent" or not posting enough. I know you'll always be there:)

Dita said...

Amen, Sista!

I feel the same way about blogs and trying to keep up with my bloggy friends. I started a new job with a commute that I have never had before and it is kicking my "over 40" butt! I don't have the computer time I have had in the past but that in no way means I have forgotten about YOU or any of my sweet friends who have followed me on my journey here.

I love the photo of you and your sisters and of course, PG who is getting so BIG! I know how much you adore them all...and your Mom and God......

Congratulations to Wendy. I pray that God keeps her safe in the midst of such a difficult job...talk about heroes!

Big hugs and MUAH right back atcha, Kid!

xoxoxox
Dita

Seawashed said...

Your heart is so pure...

'keep calm and carry on'...stay the course...you will see the good...

ox~ Fairmaiden

Libbie said...

You know...just to see you had scripture in their let's me know....what ever comes your way....you'll be okay. I love the support you are receiving from your sisters/family. It is an amazing thing isn't it...sisterhood. :) I will stop & say a little prayer for you right now! Take Care!
Libbie

Beth said...

Amazing post and wonderful picture. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. We are doing great.
Hugs!

Beth

Beth said...

Hey girl!
Thanks for coming by again and leaving such a cute comment! You are the best. I love when you stop by!!

Beth

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh I always wanted sisters. I love that photo! They are so lucky to have YOU! :)

Bring Pretty Back said...

I don't have sisters... so wonderful for you.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I just have to say that your comment on my Seeing others post just made my entire weekend!! Not just my day. :)

Thank you so much for sharing that with me!!