Friday, December 2, 2011

{Ahhhh, this looks nice!}


I know I read in the good book that God rested on the 7th day, 
but I think I I must have missed that memo, {wink}!

So, this image might do me well to find a happy place today beyond this girlie that is just tired to the point that tears fall to the site of a tender Christmas car commercial at 3am. Never mind that I have lost site of how to dry my hair after pulling it up for two weeks to work in the trees. I laughed as I looked at my hairdryer with a question of how do you use this thing again? Ha ha ha... and seemed to find some humor with myself, so all is good. Christmas installation will be complete this coming Saturday. So very excited about this!!!!!!!!! Goodness, everyone stayed safe and that is no small task seeing that at any time we often find ourselves dangling like monkeys up in some tree lighting away at 1am to make the season merry and bright. Every property turned out beautifully and we are so fortunate to have this business. I returned to my real full time job Wednesday after this working-vacation of mine. I thought to crawl under my desk for a moment of zzzzzz's, but seriously it had to have been God alone that found a way to keep me awake even without a Starbucks fix. Is it me or is it so very hard to stop that little expensive addiction? It's my struggle. I love to start any morning by greeting those happy people in the green aprons with the starbucks logo and say "I would like a Grande Non-Fat Latte" to their reply..., Oh my, what is going on with you, "Kristin...are you OK? You usually get a Triple Venti bla bla bla"...(yes, they know my name and a few might add me to their bestie list, wink!). I have to giggle, but seriously people to have a cup of their coffee nestled in my hands and in my tummy...well, it doesn't get much better than that other than being in the company of the ones I love much.

At any rate, I am needing the beach and sunshine after we installed 78+ trees up to 30 feet in height and more lights, boughs and wreaths than I can even fathom to count. Who am I kidding...I might need one of those drinks too with the cute umbrellas! How can one install all that Christmasness, but still be trying to find that Christmas feeling? So, on Sunday I will take an intentional mind break, a place to sit for a moment and be thankful and breathe.... and find my own home fa la la and laughter this weekend and put up a real tree, hang some sparkly things and cozy up by the fire, play  Michael Buble Christmas music and just smile.

Today I am thankful that God finds me as his own and that there is actually a reason for this season beyond all the sparkly Christmas decor. I am thankful that I am strong and whole and well, can I add in ...full of energy too. I am thankful that my family and friends are healthy and safe. I am thankful for Faith. I am thankful for a sense of humor. I am thankful that I have been and am blessed and prosper even through hardships...yes, God has well done this for me and I don't have words. I am thankful that I am courageous and confident. I am thankful that I am capable and successful. I am thankful that beyond all of my weaknesses that God is complete, strong and pretty amazing if I don't say so myself. I am thankful that God has knitted me and my life perfectly together for His good and I pray to be a bigger giver than taker and blessed to give a glow, a smile and be a blessing. I am thankful that I am clothed in strength and dignity and can smile over the days to come. Oh, and so very thankful for the gift of laughter too. Amen.

Hoping your day is perfect in every way. Hoping you find smiles in the smallest of details and praying you peace beyond measure!

Happy Weekend to Ya!

image via//botib

2 comments:

paige said...

hope you find a little peace & quiet this weekend.
hope you can get filled back up even if your feet aren't in the sand.
i love the micheal buble christmas cd! it's on auto play in the kitchen

xo

sugar said...

love this! i have this pic saved in my computer :) I'm blogging again....slowly but surely. would love to talk to you. just realized you don't have my new number.