Wednesday, December 1, 2010

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God”

(Philippians 4:6, NASB)


I received this in email this morning and just thought it worth posting.

So many people today are living uptight, worried and anxious about the future, filled with frustration and concern. In the natural there may be good reason, but understand, living that way is not God’s best. God doesn’t want us to be filled with anxiety and frustration; He wants us to live in peace. You can find rest in Him knowing that no matter what is happening around you, God Almighty has His hand on you.

The next time you’re tempted to worry or be anxious about something, remember this verse. God invites us to come to Him. In fact, the Bible says He rewards those who diligently seek Him. But notice, we can’t just come to Him any old way. He wants us to come to Him with a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving. Begin by simply saying, “Father in heaven, thank You for the privilege to come before You. Thank You for hearing my prayers.” As you come to Him with an open and humble heart, He will hear you and fill you with His peace and joy to live free from anxiety all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to be anxious for nothing. I choose to set aside my worries and concerns. I thank You for Your faithfulness to meet every need in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


Make your moments worth living today and kiss the sky because it is good.

Image via: B. Devotional JVO

4 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Well there you are! Love the scripture and what it means to me. Thanks for the reminder today friend.

BearShe Cottage said...

Thats my biggest downfall I guess I would say being a Christian. I still worry alot even though I know God is always there with me, with my girls and my grandson. Thanks for reminding me God takes care of my worries.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful verse and reminder. Very uplifting. It's been nice to see your sweet little face on my blog lately!

sugar said...

Kristin. I needed this so very much always, but especially TODAY. Thank you from the depths of my heart and my soul. I love you friend!